Scott K. Koelker
ATTORNEY AT LAW
Experienced in litigation and trial, Scott is ready to zealously protect or prosecute the interests of his clients. The first decade of his career was with an international Am Law 100 firm - so called, "Biglaw" - until joining one of Texas' largest personal injury law firms. Having literally represented both Fortune 500 companies as well as individuals with a total fortune of $500, Scott's diverse practice now helps reinforce the Burke Bogdanowicz PLLC difference - experienced, innovative, and adaptable litigation attorneys.
Scott has practiced in nearly every type of forum, including federal and state trial courts, courts of appeal, before regulatory authorities, and before arbitration tribunals. And Scott's broad-based experience in these forums includes all aspects of the dispute: presuit case analysis; obtaining and opposing preliminary remedies, restraining orders, and injunctions; written discovery and depositions; motion practice and oral advocacy; bench and jury trials; post-trial motions and judgment collection or enforcement; and appellate briefing and oral argument.
On a personal level, Scott is married to his high school sweetheart of 20+ years. They have four children plus a small petting zoo of animals and livestock. Within the community, they are active with local parent-teacher organizations and the district's education foundation; and Scott is the President and Director of a regional 501(c)(3) charity that assists the families of injured first responders and military/veterans.
- Washington University School of Law, St. Louis, Missouri
- J.D. - 2008
- Honors: magna cum laude
- Honors: Order of the Coif
- Honors: Order of the Barristers
- Texas Tech University
- B.A. - 2004
- Honors: summa cum laude
- Honors: Thesis: "Reflections of 14th Century Urban History in Boccacio's Decameron"
- Major: History & English
- Texas, 2008
- U.S. Court of Appeals 5th Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals 4th Circuit
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court Western District of Texas
- State Bar of Texas, Member
- Dallas Bar Association, Member
- Dallas Young Lawyers Association, Member