Efficient Counsel At The Speed Of Today
Jeremy Thomas Tufnell
ATTORNEY AT LAW
Jeremy joined Burke Bogdanowicz PLLC at its inception. He represents both plaintiffs and defendants in all stages of litigation with his practice focusing mainly on business, real estate, and construction disputes.
Jeremy earned his law degree from Texas Tech University School of Law after graduating from Southwestern University in Georgetown, Texas. After a rigorous application process, he was accepted into the Texas Tech University School of Law Externship Program and spent his final semester as an integral part of the General Counsel's Office of the Railroad Commission of Texas, which is the regulatory body overseeing all the oil and gas operations in Texas.
After graduating from law school, Jeremy gained invaluable experience in the courtroom not usually available to young attorneys at a boutique litigation firm in Denton, Texas, and used that knowledge and experience to relocate to a national civil litigation firm in Dallas, Texas before joining Burke Bogdanowicz PLLC.
As a former captain and All-Conference player of the NCAA Division III Men's Lacrosse Team at Southwestern University, Jeremy can be found in numerous men's leagues around the DFW Metroplex. His competitiveness is apparent both on the field and in the courtroom.
- Texas Tech University School of Law, Lubbock, Texas
- Southwestern University, Georgetown, Texas
- Major: History
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Texas
- Non-Compete and Non-Solicitation: Has successfully enforced non-compete clauses against former employees unlawfully using proprietary information gained from their previous employment, as well as successfully defended and mitigated overreaching clauses that are invalid in the state of Texas.
- Deceptive Trade Practices: Prosecuted general contractors for use of deceptive trade practices, with regard to a home renovation project gone horribly wrong.
- Contract Disputes: Prosecuted and defended breach of contract claims for clients ranging from individual to hundred-million-dollar companies regarding sums ranging from thousands to millions in liability.
- Employment: Effectively defended companies from baseless claims of discrimination.
- Eviction: Jeremy has successfully evicted tenants from landlord’s property after devastating property damages during term of the lease agreement.
- Texas Tech University School of Law Extern- Railroad Commissions of Texas, 2017
- State Bar of Texas
- Denton County Bar Association
- Dallas Association of Young Lawyers
- Dallas County Bar Association